photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Sunday 10 February 2013

Illamasqua Speckle


Illamasqua's new S/S 13 range has taken off with a bang. The collection takes its inspiration from our imperfections, and thus campaigns to stand up to these self conscious features: our imperfections should infact be our most beautiful and unique qualities.





There is not one beauty blogger that hasn't hyped over these beautiful speckled beauties and I now add to the the rave!


These limited edition polishes come in five pastel shades, Scarce, Mottle, Speckle and Freckle and are inspired by the imperfection of freckles, or some say the irregular markings of birds eggs. Ironically  these nail varnishes do in fact remind me of mini eggs, not only for their aesthetics but for their delicious quality!

I have been trying out the colour Speckle (as seen in the photos) and have fallen instantly in love. It's pale, blue lavender tones have become my new outfit accessory. It is so unique from any nail varnish I have seen before. It is great for that every day extra sass: not too over the top yet not too subtle! Worn under my Seche Vite topcoat (click here for my review) they have so far gone nearly five days without chipping: very promising!



I am new to the world of Illamasqua nail polishes but have to truthfully admit that I am very impressed by the quality. It has an easy brush for application and a quick drying speed, which is definitely a bonus. Now the only negative is that I need to order the rest of the collection...

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...