photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Tuesday 26 May 2015

The brushes





Over the years of my makeup hoarding it is only inevitable that I have also grown quite a brush collection. Whilst I perhaps should have titled this post my 'Real Techniques and Mac favourites' there are in fact a few others that feature. So, without further ado, here are a few of my brush essentials. 

From left to right (second picture) we have what I call the 'face gamers.' An old and, sadly, discontinued favourite is the Jemma Kidd Flat Top Foundation Brush. Whilst this was initially an applicator for foundation I have since used this for cream blush. The flat top makes it easy to pick up the product whilst the soft bristles make it really nice to blend in. If you're in search I think there are a few about on Ebay. Next is my recent favourite Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush. As you will have read in a previous post this is one of my favourite brushes. Whilst these are a little pricey I believe they are worth it! Then it is the trusty Mac 168. Known as the 'large contouring brush' I use this for bronzer. Its angled head makes it so easy to do this step. Lastly we have the Real Techniques Blush Brush. This brush is always in my makeup bag. When I'm not fussed with bronzer its just such an easy, big brush to help slap on the blush. 

Then its all about my eye brushes. I never read much about the Body Shop brushes but their Blending Brush is a great friend when it comes to eyeshadow blending. The quality of the bristles is much different to the likes of the Mac blending brush but it is equally as good, if not better, at blending. Again, a Real Techniques Bold Metals Pointed Crease Brush.  Finally the Mac 217, do I even need to say anything?! This brush is holy grail in a beauty bloggers bag and I own 2. You know, one for applying and one for blending…definitely essential. 

What are your favourite brushes?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...