photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Sunday 25 October 2015

Products I said I would never buy



There have been a few products that have haunted this blog which I have deemed unworthy of their expensive price tag. Two of these were the Nude Perfect Cleanse Nourishing Oil and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. Now, judging from the photo you will guess that I have in fact, now, bought these products. But let me explain. I promise I'm not a hypocrite.

The past two months of blog reading has seen a lot of reviews about the Hourglass Powder. This was then wonderfully peaked in a collab video of Fleur de Force, Hello October and I Covet Thee on their 'Holy Grail High End Products' - great viewing, I really recommend! Then Caroline Hirons featured the Nude Oil on her blog saying (I quote)  'I love this cleanser.' Now how can you say no to the Hirons?! Finally, Space Nk tempted me with £15 off when you spend £60. I took this offer as a sign to finally see what the fuss was about…Now do you understand why I gave in?

One thing I didn't know about Nude was that they are as natural as beauty products can be. This is a quality I always look for when testing new products - I don't like no naaaasties. Infact one of the ingredients in this is broccoli - yes that's right people, broccoli! Now we know I love an oil cleanser due to my regular praise of the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. However, I have actually tried a high-end oil, mainly because I didn't see the point in the price tag. But after testing I can firmly say that this a beautiful cleanser: a luxurious oil which thorough cleanses my skin and has noticeably helped to regulate the oil on my T-zone.

This product can be used morning or evening as first or second cleanse. The price for the amount of millilitres you get still scares me a little, making me think it would be a waste to use this as a first cleanse. But you can apply the oil straight to dry skin and then emulsify it with warm water to create a very light milk which will then further help to remove all makeup. On a side note, this product just looks beautiful in the bathroom cabinet!

The Hourglass powder I feel is more of an investment - when you think about it you only use a little bit of powder everyday and there is a lot of product here to get through. I went for the shade diffused light after many bloggers said this was their preferred shade. What's so great about this powder is whilst it helps to set your makeup and blot that shiny nose, it adds a delicate touch of shimmer, creating a very natural glow. So far I've found that my oil control is much better after applying this in the morning: I now only need one touch up throughout the day rather than having to consistently blot my nose every time I go to the bathroom!

Whilst both of these products are indeed quite pricey, they definitely have very satisfying results. Never say never kids. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I've been tempted by the hourglass powders for a long time, I haven't caved yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time hehe x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...