photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Tuesday 13 October 2015

The New Browns


As last month was my birthday month, I realised that I had gathered a new, small collection of make up. Weirdly, all products fell into the brown toned category and hence the inspiration for today's post. 

The Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon eyeshadow pencils are a great, no fuss option when it comes to eyeshadow: super creamy, super pigmented no brush, just apply and done. Who needs to blend two or three eyeshadows when these do the job in one go. My new addition is the shade Bronze Garnet - a very rich, golden brown. I find this perfect for sweeping on my bottom lash line for a smokier look. 

I suppose this month could also have been titled the Chanel month. After absolutely loving my Illusion D'ombre in the shad Emmerville for the past year I thought it was time to invest in another colour - yes, I actually treated myself to this one! This is the colour Mirage: a subtle brown in which one coat = great every day brown whilst also being a great base for a night out smokey brown. These eyeshadows (as you will have seen from my last post) are some of the best products in my makeup stash. A powder to cream eyeshadow which are just ridiculously easy to apply. 

After watching Vivianna's thoughts towards the Chanel long lasting eyeliner in Érable there was no way it wasn't going to be on my wish list. I've been on the hunt for a new bronze-toned-brown ever since Rimmel discontinued my all time favourite - boo Rimmel! Seeing as this is indeed an expensive replacement, it might not be able to be as everyday used as my Rimmel favourite. However, this does not mean that I do not love it. I have never tried a Chanel eyeliner before and so far Im really impressed, particularly with its creamy formula - don't you just hate it when you have a scratchy eye pencil and it hurts to apply?! That won't happen with these ones!

I wonder which ones will make the monthly favourites post...



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...