photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Monday 13 July 2015

The new complexion rescue


How many times on the blog have I mentioned my love for lightweight bases and BB creams? I'm sure I'm in the hundreds by now, but after reading HelloOctober's love for this one I realised I had to add another to my collection. This is the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream.

As an unusually named 'gel cream', I should probably begin with talking about the formula. The texture is somewhat mousse-like, which was rather surprising. I would not describe it as a gel at all. But as a 'mousse-like' formula, it is therefore very lightweight which I find helps to blend the product well into the skin.

As a normal/combination skin gal this cream has multiple skin-saving properties. Firstly, it hydrates. Indeed, I have used this at times to replace my moisturiser, especially as it contains SPF 30. It evens out skin tone. As a lightweight formula it's great for an everyday, summer base but it is also really easy to build up coverage. On the package it says it contains 'mineral electrolytes' and 'antioxidants' which help to energise and defend your skin. Whilst I don't understand the properties of these ingredients I can safely say that my skin looks noticeable dewier and radiant after applying this. The first time I used it even my mum made a comment about my skin! Moreover, I can vouch that this product is seriously long-lasting. I wore it last week in Paris, where temperatures reached 34 degrees! There was no melting, makeup face, thank goodness. 

I take the shade 02 vanilla which was probably one of the best matches to a base I've ever had.  This has definitely become a firm, lightweight favourite! 


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...