photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition




About a month ago, after a lot of hype, and some pretty packaging, I finally purchased the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet and Aqua Laque. So after six months of waiting, and a month of trying, I have finally gathered my thoughts on the two. 

First, lets talk texture. The name Aqua Laque certainly represents the feel of it. Indeed, it's like putting water on the lips. It feels so weird. I'm still not sure if I like it or not. The Velvet on the other hand is a thick, creamy texture that is very easy to apply and blend. I was surprised at how smooth this felt on my lips considering it is a matt finish. 

Now in terms of pigmentation both are totally different. I would describe the Aqua Laque as a gloss. Its great if you're looking for a super, shiny gloss and I love to wear this on top of some of my natural toned lipsticks. This is, then, slightly flawed considering this product is described as a lipstick. But I will give it a thumbs up for the whole wet, shine look. The Velvet formula however is on top form when it comes to pigmentation. What I especially love about it is its stay-proof formula. This thing seriously doesn't budge. More importantly it doesn't dry out, unlike some more pricey matt products.

For under £10 I would have to conclude that the Rouge Edition Velvet is a must have. If you are looking for something that REALLY does last all day (albeit with a top up post lunch!) then this seriously is a makeup bag essential. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...